A few links to get you ready for today’s games:
- ACC: The News & Observer’s Caulton Tudor says the ACC has reason to be wary this weekend.
- Boston College at Clemson: The young Eagles face their first road test against the Tigers, who are trying to prove they have the toughness to compete for the Atlantic Division title.
- Duke at Kansas: Jayhawks QB Todd Reesing has grabbed the Blue Devils’ attention.
- East Carolina at North Carolina: Both teams are facing some injury problems heading into their in-state showdown. Perhaps a sign that ECU will pull off that upset over UNC that we’re both predicting: today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- Nebraska at Virginia Tech: The Hokies have a chance to assert themselves with their next two games against Nebraska and Miami.
- Middle Tennessee at Maryland: The Terrapins are facing the hard truth that they have no easy contests anymore, even against Middle Tennessee.
- Virginia at Southern Miss: The Cavaliers road trip could be beneficial after hearing a chorus of boos in two home losses.
- Gardner-Webb at N.C. State: Wolfpack QB Russell Wilson isn’t worried about his interception-free streak as his team makes another run at the “state title.”
- Elon at Wake Forest: Deacs WR Chris Givens has overcome ACL injuries in both knees to become a big part of Wake’s offense.
- Florida State at BYU: From Orlando Sentinel reporter (and our former Technician colleague) Andrew Carter, BYU expects to score with big plays against the Seminoles.